Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Setting the table for tea...

...getting dressed in the little Batman suit...

...making the little house as comfortable and cozy as it could be...

...extending the invitation...

I remember the routine, vaguely. I was very small at the time, but I have those little mixed and matched memories that you can patch together to come up with something semi-concrete. I remember the play-house, I remember the Batman suit (I wonder why I always had to wear the Batman suit?), I remember serving the tea.

What I didn't remember was what tight quarters that little play-house was for my poor dad. The pictures are a little painful to look at. What I do remember is that he always came anyway. Dad has never failed to be there.

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

2 comments:

lissla lissar said...

Such a lovely tribute, both this post and the one about Aidan.


I was wondering (did I mention this before?)- I have an extra copy of Betty Kirke's book on Madeleine Vionnet, which I got for almost nothing. I was wondering if you would like me to ship it to you? I don't know how much shipping it would cost- I might faint and ask for a cheque to cover it- but it's a very beautiful book, and if you're interested in the twenties and thirties you'd love it. Especially the patterns!

lissla lissar said...

It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Madeleine-Vionnet-Betty-Kirke/dp/0811819973/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213894148&sr=8-1