Sunday, June 29, 2008

About a week ago I curled up in front of the TV to watch some show.

It was fascinating.

People dressed in strange and bright garb...

Girls in long flowing dresses dancing here and there...

Sappy songs about dreams and community...

Lots of talk about dreams and community...

More talk about community, particularly focusing on 'gathering for the meal...'

Even more talk about community, and 'oneness,' and other mystical things like that...

Guitars strumming and people here and there hitting tambourines...

Tears, laughter, and even more community...

"Oh!" thought I. "I see what it is. A show on 'The Catholic Liturgy in America.'"

The show ended, and as I stood up and stretched out I realized I had been mistaken as it was announced:

"You have been watching 'The American Experience: Summer of Love.'"

No comments: