Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm on the verge of finishing...

...The Gathering Storm by Winston Churchill. And just in time, too! It needs to go back to the library tomorrow. I began back in January, and got a good deal of reading done to and from San Francisco, and during my visit to TAC. I admit, I didn't attend any classes my last day there, because I became so immersed in the book.

Churchill is just wonderful. I absolutely look up to him and adore him. On my to-read list is a biography of him, which I can't wait to get to.

But first, I'm going to read The Angels: A History of the 11th Airborne Division, by E.M. Flanagan. I've had this one sitting on the chest in my room for the longest time, and at last I'm getting around to reading it. While Churchill's memoirs are certainly very interesting, this book about the Angels has a family connection.

A nineteen-year-old boy who was killed in the Philippines on February the 12th, 1945.

No comments: