Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yes, I Love Old Movies

Tuesday was the end of a busy week. Last Thursday I went down to TAC to visit my oldest brother, and over the weekend I accompanied the students to San Francisco for the Walk for Life. I'd love to describe my personal experience of that event at some point, but I'm currently getting back on schedule with school and whatnot, and trying to relax after the multiple days of travelling.

Initially I thought my relaxing would consist of sitting by the fire warming my toes and finishing the last few chapters of The Gathering Storm by Churchill, but somehow I got sidetracked. It started with a conversation I had with the young lady at TAC who kindly shared her room with me for the duration of my visit. We discovered that we were both huge James Cagney fans, and she told me that her sister had pictures of him all around her mirror.

And I thought: "Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?" But when it got to the practical application of the idea, I remembered that, though James Cagney has the first place in my devotion, I'm a fan of many different actors and of many different films, and the simple idea of a couple Cagney pictures developed and expanded (taking up nearly an entire wall!) into a great and ever-growing testimony of my devotion to old movies.




The magnificent John Wayne in the role of Rooster Cogburn:


The lovely Loretta Young:

The High Noon corner:

And, of course! James Cagney:

And a few more pictures:

1 comment:

Kaila said...

I just found your blog! I wasn't aware that you had this one. I'll be stopping by more frequently. I love old movies too :-)