Friday, September 14, 2007

The Fourteenth of September

As I'm sure everyone is aware, as of today the Holy Father's Motu Proprio, Summorum Pontificum, is in force. EWTN aired a Solemn High Mass, which I've heard was wonderful. I wasn't able to watch it, as we won't have access to the channel until Monday. But I am watching a video we own of a Solemn High Mass as I write this.

For us, there won't be any direct advantages. That is to say, we live way out in the wild and we're only able to get a priest once a week on Saturday evenings to celebrate a Mass in a very small community chapel. No chance of getting a Mass of the Extraordinary form here, at least not anytime soon.

Nevertheless, I'm sure there will be many indirect benefits for us, and this is a great day in general for the Church.

Thank you, Holy Father!

No comments: